Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks I guess I'm just not getting ot. I cannot get the collection hose to stay on the fitting... I have 4" chute, a 4" hose and a 4" wire clamp. When I attach everything it just will not stay together.
Now everyone should know I have NEVER done this before so no point is too small to mention. I know I should provide for a grounding wire. I tighen the clamp as far as it will go but no luck, the connector does NOT have a rib to put the clamp behind so it just slides off. what am I missing I feel so dumb.:sad:.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The duct tape did the job but I also think I will replace the wire clamps with he regular band hose clamp Thanks to all that offered solutions

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Different application but the same annoyance: I have an indoor water trap for lint coming out of my elcetric clothes dryer. That warm moist air in the house is nice in our cold & dry winters.

The dang dryer hose won't stay connected to the intake for the lint trap. I figured out about how far it needed to be slid on. Marked 1/3 intervals around the trap intake collar. From the inside face, I installed 3 aluminum pop-rivets, they leave a little lumpy knob that sticks up.
Dryer exhaust hose over that, clamp it up. Does NOT come apart until I want it to (for summer.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts