Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread I was building a shadow box and now I'm thinking of using hinges for the back panel instead of using screws to hold it in place.

It’s a little late to change the design and I’ve already used 1/8” plywood for my back panel. Do you think maybe I could glue the hinge on and it would hold?

I remember as a kid seeing an old box similar to what I have that had a cloth hinge and I could probably use that method if the Piano Hinge didn’t work.

·
where's my table saw?
28,589 Posts
I wouldn't

In another thread I was building a shadow box and now I'm thinking of using hinges for the back panel instead of using screws to hold it in place.

It’s a little late to change the design and I’ve already used 1/8” plywood for my back panel. Do you think maybe I could glue the hinge on and it would hold?

I remember as a kid seeing an old box similar to what I have that had a cloth hinge and I could probably use that method if the Piano Hinge didn’t work.
Why not just use twist plates that rotate out of the way to open and remove the back panel.

Reactions: Sleeper

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not just use twist plates that rotate out of the way to open and remove the back panel.
I guess I could do that.

As usual the wife came up with a great idea but a little too late. She thought the panel was going to slide up. I wish she would have said that before I cut the rabbits. :huh:
I may have to make another one now.:laughing:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts