Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to be traveling to the Atlanta area in a few weeks. Any thing I should specifically not miss. Any great wood working stops?

·
Registered
101 Posts
There's lots of great eateries in the area, and some incredible cocktails if that's what you're into. Holeman and Finch is a great spot.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Definitely try to go by Highland Woodworking and Hardware which I think is northeast of dowtown. I went there last year and it was great.

The woodworking show will be there March 7-9 and I'm trying to find time to make it to that.

·
Registered
200 Posts
There's also a Rockler shop just north of 285, on Peachtree - Dunwoody Avenue....usually a nice selection of wood.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Peachtree Woodworking and Highland for sure. There is a Woodcraft not too far up the street from Peachtree. There's a Rockler close by as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
daveinjersey said:
Maybe off topic, but spring in Atlanta is great. Watch for the thick coat of yellow pollen covering everything, though.
The weather and climate is something else here. The pollen is one thing in spring time. We have lived here a bit over a year. It rained almost all summer with temps in the 70 - 80 range. I thought Atlanta was nice in the summer. Warm and sunny. Not last year. We were told "it never rains this much". We were also told it doesn't get cold and never snows. "The mountains to the north keep it away". Everyone saw what a joke that was. A few inches of snow and a major city with 10 million people just shuts down.

To tie this together, I time my trips to Suwannee Lumber with the weather. I don't want the materials getting soaked with rain or snow on the way home. If you are purchasing lumber and don't have a fully enclosed way to haul it, I recommend you do the same. ;)

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
There's also a Rockler shop just north of 285, on Peachtree - Dunwoody Avenue....usually a nice selection of wood.
The only Rockler store I know of around Atlanta, is in Sandy Springs on Roswell road.

Please tell me more about the one on Peachtree. I am in Atlanta frequently and would like to visit.

George

·
Registered
200 Posts
That is the one I was referring to...I had forgotten the road name what with the bazillion "peachtree" streets we have . My apologies *sheepish grin*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts