Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
johnep
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last I have found a forum to have a general natter about woodworking tools etc.

Here in the UK we have excellent mail order from a co called Screwfix.

I realised I was hooked when I found myself reading their catalog for pleasure. you might find it hard to imagine a grown man salivating over the merits of 'turbogld' screws. But actually these screws have transformed my practice. Previously drilled three times for conventional screws. Now just press the razor point to the wood and away we go. These screws are self countersinking.

Oh dear, I have got quite carried away!
johnep

·
Registered
404 Posts
Welcome Johnep....:icon_smile: :icon_smile:

You are in a place where you won't be ridiculed for salivating over screws, or sanders, or wood or anything else we're all addicted to....:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
johnep
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At Last

Hi Texas
sure enjoyed visiting your site and seeing the glorious grain of red elder.
site for Turbogold screws is www.screwfix.com.

I have just received an order from them including a bench grinder.

Took up an issue re design that I thought was poor. The bolts securing the guide bars were attached to the inner guard and due to some defect in manufacturing, had projected in so far as to foul the grinding wheel. I rectified the fault but let them know that was result of poor basic design. wish I could have afforded a Tormek from sweden.

Still sharpened an axe this afternoon and watched some amusing sharpening vids on utube. will be purchasing a honing guide next so I can get that all important 25/30 degree angle on my chisels.
thanks all for your welcome.
johnep

1 - 5 of 5 Posts