Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aspen burl can be a real challenge to turn since it is so soft and this piece was really punky. But with stabilization using turntex resin, AND some repeated applications of thin CA I got it turned down for a bangle. I think it was worth the trouble. This is a woman's size 7.5 with a .55" wood width.

Thanks for looking!
Eric

Attachments

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
robert421960 said:
im curious how you do this
is the stainless piece in 2 pieces?
these look really awesome by the way:thumbsup:
It is made up of two pieces that fit together. I can't wait until bangleguy has the ring kits made...

Got wood? Turn it.....

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Way cool Eric!! That Aspen looks sweet!! Id love to make one of those but I dont think I'm to that level yet, especially after the blackwood, lol.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I need to order a couple kits for family gifts....

Got wood? Turn it.....
You can send me an email with the sizes you want, and I can assist in wood choices. Right now my size 8's are out of stock, but I should get more in about two to three weeks. Just let me know how I can help. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
76 Posts
BangleGuy said:
You can send me an email with the sizes you want, and I can assist in wood choices. Right now my size 8's are out of stock, but I should get more in about two to three weeks. Just let me know how I can help. Thanks, Eric
Just got your tutorial. Can't wait to place an order. Looks like a great project and the wife is going to love it.

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Bass, If you want to give one a go, let me know! :)
Nope, I'll hold off on the aspen for a little while, lol. It is beautiful stuff though!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts