Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found a stash of white ash (about 100bft) and popular (maybe 50bdft). for 80 cents a board ft and grabbed it. the only problem is I have know Idea what to use it for?.... I guess ash rots easily and I've read that popular doesn't take stain well and is better painted and used for stuff like drawers. I guess what I'm asking is for some build ideas. I am currently building a storage rack for the bathroom, so I have some time to get some Ideas.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't plan on spending as much as I did, but when he said the price, I wiped him out of ash, still a lot of popular there, but a friend plans on swiping the rest, he has some hard/soft maple and oak but it's green, 50 cents a bdft, I think I'll grab some and sticker it up.

I like the grain of the ash, kinda looks like the catalpa I worked with....just don't stink as bad..lol. Thanks, for idea's....I built a bed out of beech for the boy..guess he could use a night stand and of course a tv stand, is there a kid out there with out a tv in there room now...guess I'm old, I remember only 1 tv in the living room and ya went else were to play when pap was watching the news.lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.