Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything worth to look at in the block planes? I don't know much about block planes. Thanks

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
The second one from the left I wouldn't bother with, but I would buy/use any of the others readily. I can't tell what all of them are from the picture, but several are low angle block planes and all except the silver colored one appear to have adjustable mouths.

If I was only going to pick one, I'd pick one of the low angle block planes that looked the cleanest/in best shape.

·
Registered
713 Posts
What would be a decent price? The guys is asking for 120 for the lot.
its hard to say but that could be a good price. The one on the right looks like a 9 3/4 with the detachable rear handle. If that's what it is that pays for the whole lot. The knuckle is an #18 or 19.its worth $40-$50 by itself.

it looks like a 60 1/2 in there, another $40-$50.

I'd grab 'em.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
timetestedtools said:
its hard to say but that could be a good price. The one on the right looks like a 9 3/4 with the detachable rear handle. If that's what it is that pays for the whole lot. The knuckle is an #18 or 19.its worth $40-$50 by itself.

it looks like a 60 1/2 in there, another $40-$50.

I'd grab 'em.
+1
Id buy them in a second. As long as i had the extra scratch that is...

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
+2 I'd buy the lot, keep what you want, and sell off the ones you don't to pay for the whole transaction!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We'll I have to tread lightly here. I pissed off the wife pretty bad this morning. She's not in the ”sure, go buy the tools” mood. Not sure how this is going to play out.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm taking another crack at it with the wife. If it doesn't pan out I'll send the info about the ad this evening.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts