Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a post from Saw&Timber...thought some of you might know what to do with it?

I have 4000 mature apple trees to get rid of. Ideas?
Hello everyone, hoping we're all having a wonderful and blessed evening tonight!

I happen to have 4000 mature, healthy apple trees to get rid of previous to construction of a subdivision (I know, it has hurt so much to be one of the ones in charge of getting the land ready.

About 3000 were cut early in February to stop leaves production.

I'd appreciate any ideas regarding ways of responsibly utilizing this wood. Many have suggested to grind it for BBQ apple wood chips, but it almost seems a crime to use third generation growth wide diameter trunks to go up in smoke.

I've heard this semi-solid apple wood could be used for armchairs and other fineworking uses that would dignify the memory of this orchard.

Any suggestions regarding possible uses, contacts, sources to go to for more info?

I'd thank you from the bottom of my heart and God Bless you tonight.

God Bless this beautiful country of us!

Ideas guys?

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
First I would make sure it even existed :laughing:, kinda seems like a weird/single post with no follow up. I have seen that before on forums. If it is the real deal though, I have used apple wood for many projects. It is very hard and very pretty. Really tight grain and the sapwood/heartwood contrast is wild.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts