Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cabinet Maker
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have pretty well narrowed it down to either the Graco 9.5 or the Apollo 1050VR. What would be your advice? Pros or cons of either?

As I'm going to be getting into high-end custom cabinetry, will these systems give me the results I will want? Are there any limitations to what finishes they are or aren't able to spray?

I'm looking at spending anywhere from $1,000-$3,000 on a system, (staying away from a compressor set up because of space and portability)

Thank you for any help!
Levi

·
Registered
152 Posts
Before I purchased my Graco 9.5 I was told by a finish professional " not to buy anything but Graco brand". I'm very happy withe Graco. Of coarse Apollo could be as good or better but I have no experience with the brand.

·
Registered
152 Posts
After researching the Apollo brand a little it looks like a professional, quality tool. So I'm curious what choice you made. Also how you like the results you get with the choice you made. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I supervised a paint shop for a while and we used graco guns primarily. for a gun in the mid price range we were very satisfied with them.

Be sure to get a variety of tip sizes as one size does not fit all. Also, if you plan to spray solvent and water based both get 2 guns and use one only for solvent and one only for water based.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts