Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some trophies I make every year for the American Power Boat Association. The U.S. Cutout award was on that I was having difficulty with a watermark showing through the stain last month. I finally got it finished today (with no watermark) thanks to the advice I was given on this forum. Thanks again and let me know what you think!

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice job on the trophies. Do you make them for your club or for yourself? Former DSH,25SSH now 45SS & SST45. Now Show us a pic of your boat.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks,

I make them for our region inboard awards banquet, Region 3 (New Jersey, Delaware, and Eastern Pennsylvania). The Shield plaque goes to the boat in our region that scores the most national points in a single class. The U.S. cutouts go to the boats in our region that win National Highpoints for the season. Our region stated making these in the 70's I believe when all that APBA gave you for winning highpoints was a paper certificate! I am either the 3rd or 4th person to make these for the region.

I am leaving for the national meeting in N.Carolina this afternoon straight from work, but I will try and remember to post a few picts of my boat when I get back next week.

Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts