Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Apartment Woodworker
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello WW talk, I'm Ben!

I grew up learning how to be handy around the house from my dad. I've finished two different basements from scratch so I'm pretty comfortable with rough carpentry.

Due to life throwing curves as it does I am currently living in quite a small apartment, with a wife and daughter. I put up a workbench for myself in our underground parking space about 2 weeks ago, just squeezing in a 2'x8' bench against the wall.

The bench was inspired because I purchased a small lathe and have been really excited by all I'm able to do with it. Plus I really love buying tools! :grin: I'm looking at more and more projects and ideas these days and am finding the whole furniture carpentry side of things fascinating.

So much of my recent googling has ended up with me reading threads here that I decided I should sign up and participate, so thanks for all the help already.

See you around the shop!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Welcome here Ben, to this friendly WW forum, where there is always room for one more, and you get to choose how to make your sawdust. Glad you "decided to sign up and participate". Having limited working space can be a challenge, but positive solutions are always found. Consider looking for info on WW storage solutions, or building smaller projects, (books, on line, etc.) which may spark ideas for your small space area. Enjoy your stay, post often, and be safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts