Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a reliable source, maybe someone on this forum to sharpen our table saw blades. wanting to pay $5-6each +shipping. most are 24 tooth, no missing teeth or things of that nature. a few are 40 tooth. theres a place in NY that does this but they want $8.50+shipping. looking for someone preferably east of the Mississippi as I am in GA

·
Registered
506 Posts
Good luck finding anyone who will work that cheap and give you a quality job. My local sharpener (one block away) just retired and he charged $0.35 per tooth, guaranteed to perform or will redo for free. Never had a problem and he did my blades for 20+ years. New guy bought him out but I haven't tested his abilities yet.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well to shaarpensee. im gonna call a place tomorrow and see what they charge. I just cant pay to ship to and from and pay 12 to sharpen a 15 dollar blade

·
where's my table saw?
28,598 Posts
here's a method you can use

I'm not advocating this, just thought it may be useful for someone who wants to try to sharpen their own ripping blades with flat teeth, no angles:

·
Registered
26,889 Posts
Harbor Freight is suppose to have a saw sharpener for about 50 bucks that has pretty good reviews. I've often thought about buying one but I wouldn't have the time to use it. I keep buying new blades.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If they are $15 dollar blades, your cheapest route will most likely be to get new $15 dollar blades.

The only other option I can think of is find a local guy who gives you a quantity discount. You'd save the shipping at least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts