Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking into a new general purpose 10" table saw thin kerf blade. Currently working w/ Home Depot generic carbide blade.

Any noticeable difference between Infinity, Forrest, CMT and Freud comparable blades? Any of these should have noticeable improvements over what i use now so its a matter of which upgrade to go with.

I've read all the marketing and am interested in opinions from actual users (preferably anyone thats used two or more of the above and can offer comparisons).

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
I've used the Infinity Combomax (010-150), 60T Hi-ATB (010-060), 24T TK ripper (010-124), former Infinity General (010-040), and the Dadonator, all with the Nickel coating....all great blades. The Combomax is the best of the 50T blades I've used to date, and is extremely easy to get good results with (I loaned it to a good friend who I gave a Forrest WWII to as gift, and he won't give the Combomax back! :yes:). The Super General 010-044 with the PTFE coating is the cleanest cutting 40T general purpose blade I've used to date. The Dadonator is the cleanest cutting dado set I've used to date. The Nickel coating works very well and keeps the blades from corroding....those with no coating definitely begin to show some "weathering" after a while.

In a nutshell, I've used several Forrest, several Freud, several CMT, several Leitz, several Onsrud, several Tenryu, several DeWalt series 60, several Delta Industrial, Ridge Carbide, Oshlun, Systimatic, Blue Tornado, Amana Tool, DML, and a few others....mostly all really good blades, but no single brand has impressed me more than Infinity overall. A+. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.