Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Still have all 10!
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you ever used a dental compressor for trim work? I frequently need to work late nights in public areas and we're always looking for ways to install quietly. I've been looking at some compressors made for dental/medical purposes that are 48dB and even less. They are oil-less, so they probably won't last too long but I would only use it a few times a month. They can deliver max 115psi, fine for brad guns and staplers. Any opinions on this?
Thanks!

·
John
3,028 Posts
Have any of you ever used a dental compressor for trim work? I frequently need to work late nights in public areas and we're always looking for ways to install quietly. I've been looking at some compressors made for dental/medical purposes that are 48dB and even less. They are oil-less, so they probably won't last too long but I would only use it a few times a month. They can deliver max 115psi, fine for brad guns and staplers. Any opinions on this?
Thanks!
I think a lot would depend on the size of the tank and what CFM can be delivered. I used to work maintenance in a call center so background noise was important. I have a Porter Cable C2002, 6 gal, 150 psi compressor. I used to charge it up make in the maintenance shop and bring it out on the floor unplugged. I could get about 2 dozen shots out of a 18 gauge brad nailer before I had to take it back to the shop. I don't know about a dental compressor. Would the CFM be able to keep up with a brad nailer? :blink:

·
Sawdust Creator
8,047 Posts
Have you considered powertank co2 systems for trim work? No noise at all....

·
Still have all 10!
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never heard of a powertank co2 system. I just Googled it and that looks like it would do the trick. A back up tank just in case and I'd be set. I'll research further...thanks Ryan.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,047 Posts
I knew a guy who used one for small jobs, and utilized the small paintball tanks right in his tool belt.

But I now see they also have a larger tank option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts