Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had one of these Craftsman 7 1/2" radial arm miter saws around for a long time. I've had offers if I wanted to sell, but I just can't get rid of it. It seems to fill the gap around the shop for a combination of crosscuts and miter cuts, when you don't want to use a full size RAS. I'm using it now to do some home renovation of moulding work in combination with my CMS. It's light enough to carry around. The only thing it won't do is raise and lower the arm.

I was wondering how many have seen one of these better yet anyone else here have one?

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
Ryobi had a similar one...8 1/4" though.But as you'd expect from Ryobi...ABSOLUTE SH....oh look, a squirrel!!!:smile:

·
Registered
803 Posts
I think someone should take away all of Norms fancy schmancy tools and give him stuff like this and see what he can do...:laughing:

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whats the max cut on it cabinetman?

I have a 10" RAS thats just taking up room, but I can't seem to let go.

Factory setup is about a 10" crosscut...plenty for moulding, base, caseing, and crown. You could set the fence back some and maybe pick up another inch or so. I use the 7.25", 5/8" arbor sawblades, carbide tipped, for CS's. It does miter and bevel to 48 deg.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think for MY arsenal, it would be made redundant by SCMS, but to be honest, if I saw it for 50 bucks...no way would I pass it up. Cool little saw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts