Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm planning to go this weekend just to see what they have to show. I went several years ago but I've heard that it's not quite the same as it used to be.
Hopefully it won't be a disappointment.

·
7,222 Posts
I am planning to go on Friday. I am not expecting too much. The number of vendors has dwindled. I just wish they would spread out the tables to give more space and less noise.

I am mostly interested in the wood vendors for turning stock.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
It's in Sommerset NJ. I am planning on going on Saturday. It will be my first.

Adam
thinking about it for early saturday. thanks for the heads up. BTW, how's your TS coming along, adam? if you're heading there saturday am, might be fun to meet up.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Why aren't there ever any good woodworking shows around here......you guys are lucky!!

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
I tried convincing my wife we needed to vacation in Kentucky so I could go to the grizzly showroom......that didn't go over so well.....

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just went to the one in St. Louis. Lots of cool demonstrations and Peachtree and other venders had a butt-load of stuff for sale. Some great deals, some less so, but it's always a good time. What cracks me up is that thin sheets of plastic are laid down on the floor at the St. Louis show's convention center. I keep wondering if someone said, "oh crap, the woodworkers are coming. Better lay down the plastic. You know they're just going to pee on the floor"

·
Registered
178 Posts
ryan50hrl said:
Lol....I meant Missouri....apparently for some reason I was thinking Kentucky tonight.
I picked up all my Grizzly machinery in Missouri and got to walk around the showroom while I was there. It is huge! Tons of different machines and even quite a few hand tools. If you're ever close definitely worth stopping in.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thinking about it for early saturday. thanks for the heads up. BTW, how's your TS coming along, adam? if you're heading there saturday am, might be fun to meet up.
I am planning on going early Sat too. I will shoot you a PM with my cell phone number and we can definitely meet up!

Unfortunately it has just been too cold to be in my garage to work on the TS :-(

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just went to the one in St. Louis. Lots of cool demonstrations and Peachtree and other venders had a butt-load of stuff for sale. Some great deals, some less so, but it's always a good time. What cracks me up is that thin sheets of plastic are laid down on the floor at the St. Louis show's convention center. I keep wondering if someone said, "oh crap, the woodworkers are coming. Better lay down the plastic. You know they're just going to pee on the floor"
Cool did you pick anything up? In you opinion what did that have good deals on?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I took some saw blades and planer blades to get sharpened so that I wouldn't have to pay for shipping there. I picked up a feather board, router bits, fence clamps, blade cleaner etc. good deals on wood and books too. Learned a couple new tips watching demonstrations. It was cool. My second year going

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nblasa said:
I took some saw blades and planer blades to get sharpened so that I wouldn't have to pay for shipping there. I picked up a feather board, router bits, fence clamps, blade cleaner etc. good deals on wood and books too. Learned a couple new tips watching demonstrations. It was cool. My second year going
Sweet! I am looking forward to it tomorrow!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts