Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
310 Posts
My basement workshop is only 18' x12.5'. All my equipment is on rollers so I don't have anything in my way. The only time I don't want to work in it is a day like today when I sucked It up and thoroughly cleaned it , it looks so nice I don't want to screw it up again.

· Banned
310 Posts
JohnnyG73 said:
You mention that you have been busy as an apprentice carpenter all day. That could take some drive out of you. It reminds me of when I was working as a diesel tech. After working on vehicles and motors all day, I had no desire to even maintain my own vehicles. Sometimes what you do for a living you don't find enjoyable as a hobby...or the visa/versa. Other times a person just needs to right kind of inspiration when they are in a slump.
Right about that, after a lifetime in machine shops my only concession to metal is a mig welder otherwise forget it.

· Banned
310 Posts
I suppose a lot depends on what other things you have going, I have a vegetable garden hand a greenhouse (I grow greens all year round) also chickens, do volunteer work (mainly building projects) have a chainsaw and generally keep busy, so my workshop time is valuable to me. Still hate to mess up my clean workshop though. It is a Workshop though ,not a wood shop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.