Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I need help with this one. Quick rundown.... I bought this table saw from my grandfather almost 20 years ago for $100. He ended up with it when my uncle(his son) died in 1990. He told me that my uncle got it from my great-grandfather before he passed away. I was told that my great-grandfather worked at the table saw factory where it was made. To the best of my knowledge, it would have been in Beloit Wisconsin which is near the Illinois stateline. It may have even been as far as Milwaukee WI, or Rockford Il. I have a dresser he made for my father when my father was a child. 60 some years ago in the 1950's I assume. I've stored it in the basement of my fathers business in Wisconsin since 2001. I live in Arizona and have decided to try to have it shipped to me so i can restore it and put it into service again.

I am having a hard time identifying what brand or model it might be. There are no nameplates, serial numbers, model number etc, except a drivers license number that was engraved into the edge of the thick steel top. I assume that if my great-grandfather built it in the factory, that it may not have been branded with logos, and could possibly be a one-of-a-kind unit. What is extremely unique about this table saw is that built into the thick steel top, is an edge planer, and down off to the side is a disc sander. I think you had to reach inside the cabinet and switch the belt to the proper pulley for the tool you wished to use, but not sure. I had someone take a photo of it today and send to me. It has a nice precision miter gauge and rip fence that seems all original. You can see them in the photo. The original cabinet color was an industrial gray if I recall correctly. I may be able to get other photos, but this is the only one I have right now to go off of. Any help and/or information would be greatly appreciated. I am assuming it was made in the late 1940's to late 1950's, but that is just a guess.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks like you have your answer! That looks to be one heck of a saw! I'm sure it will bring you many fond memories...

Follow me on Instagram:
"@amanteafinewoodworks"

·
Registered
230 Posts
Once you get your machine sent to you, you can go to the OWWM website when you start your restore. A lot of knowledgeable people over there
that can help you with any questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts