Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sawing against the Wind
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found/bought an old Dewalt radial arm saw that I can use some help with. I'll use it in my rustic regenerating business... fits it well LOL.

1219131739 web.jpg

Does any one know where I MIGHT can find a manual??? I'll try through Dewalt but i'm not sure the "new" Dewalt is the same company as the good old one....so many companies have sold out to others along with quality.

This is what I know (only tags I can find) Model V 3 ser # 2501

1219131741 web.jpg
has a AB brand manual starter

1219131743 web.jpg

...inside of cover says 115;230 volts 3 HP single phase 60 cycles,

1219131749 web.jpg
blade measures 14" but has the room for an easy 16". So far I've gotten everything loosened back up except motor tilt movement and the arm change angle movement. It is wired with a 220 plug BUT I didn't check to verify receptical or fuse panel were wired that way.The saw was used much at that location (farm shop) but no history on where original location was. As with most old equipment...it was built SO heavy it doesn't show wear and tear LOL. This is one where the arm does the moving/sliding.

I'm planning to re wire but have never seen a set-up like this. The 220's 3 wires come in on the (corrected) right side, and the motor 3 wires leave the (corrected) left BUT I found 2 more (center) that have been added coming /going to motor = 5 wires (update: one wire is for the neutral, the other comes from the motor andwire nuts to a wire going directly back to motor. (see pic) After relooking at the pic up close it's not wired as schematic suggests but was supposedly running this way many years ago..??? single phase isn't supposed to use the mid section on connectors. appears the green/ground/grounded conductors ( correction: they used green for the other hot/conductor) are in that place. I have NOT inspected under the motor cover to see how connected there yet.

1219131750 web.jpg
I do have pics!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Sawing against the Wind
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
afx, just signed up last night waiting on ok reply.

I've tracked more wiring today. wrote some up wrong the other night going back and correct post. Found the tag on motor and that will help tracing the age. The lady I purchased from is supposed to get me more info on it's history if possible over Christmas holidays.

Thanks for any help!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts