Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My electric power was out all day and I got bored without anything to do, so I pulled out my battery operated Laptop and drew my new used Craftsman Lathe. I still have to do the motor and belt cover, but the power finally came back on so I quit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice job. I am a novice Sketchup user but I am getting better. I use Sketchup for all of my projects that deserve being documented.

Curved surfaces are throwing me a curve. Otherwise, I love it.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, this is the first time I tried to draw anything like this. My shop has no windows so I just started playing around with sketch-up in a room with daylight after the power went out for 10hrs while they replaced a Power Pole.

I was actually just drawing a plan for a hinged base so that I could fold my lathe up out of the way when I’m not using it. Then I started to get carried away while I was taking measurements for the length and also the height.

Once I drew the shaft to mark my length, I was on a roll and there was no stopping until I was done. Well almost, I don’t know I will ever finish the belt cover at this point, but everything is to scale.

There is a tool to round the corners, but I couldn't remember how at the time and I didn't have internet access while the power was out.

After I get some of my other stuff done, I'll check out the videos on round corners tools

1 - 3 of 3 Posts