Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I layered this one a bit different but same shape as my first one.I guess I'll play around now with different shape.These are pretty fun to make once your done with the lay up work.:icon_smile:

Attachments

·
Hickabilly
536 Posts
very nice Gary. You seem to have picked up on this very well.
Guess I'll have to give it a spin.
Mick

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kenbo,thanks,your almost at 2000 posts,Gary:thumbsup:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Looks great Gary. I have two mill mechanisms that I have been wanting to make, but I have a long list of projects I need to get finished before next weekend. Keep up the good work. You are inspiring me to dig those out and give it a go.

·
Registered
342 Posts
nice job! yea they are kind of addictive to turn! and make great gifts as well! keep em comin. looks like the bandsaw is getting a work out!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup Brown,I love this bandsaw.It not only saves time but wood =money.:thumbsup:

·
HALL OF FAMER
8,385 Posts
Yeah, and that's too bad too because we just voted to limit Canadians to 2000 posts a year. One more post and he'll be shut down until next year.
:laughing: I'm just gonna talk in inches and feet, complain about the cold and even throw a couple of "ya'lls" and "Dangs" in there and y'all will never know that it's me. :laughing: Dang it's cold around here. How do ya'll put up with it? Why, if we get more than 2 inches of snow 'round here, I can't even get my pick up truck past 20 mile an hour. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Yup Brown,I love this bandsaw.It not only saves time but wood =money.:thumbsup:

Good job Gary...now you got the real hang of it. Now your pepper mills will get more expensive as you add exotic woods, and as you keep loving that band saw. :laughing: Seriously excellent job. Curious are you laminating without planning the wood first? I am finishing a total of 4 sets of S & P mills ( a total of 8 bodies) for my grown kids Christmas presents. I will need to post some pics before I send the last set in the mail.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bob,Yes I plane each opposing laminated piece in a very frustrating and unsuccessful attempt to make both sides come out even in the pattern.I also try very hard to center it in the middle.I dont know how they do that!--Making one side the mirror image of the other.Any tips out there?Itchy/Gary

·
Over the hills n far away
542 Posts
Good Job Itchy!

Very nice looking peppermill. Love the contrasting colors and design. Shall I send you my address? :laughing:
You could enclose one of them guitar stands too!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Bob,Yes I plane each opposing laminated piece in a very frustrating and unsuccessful attempt to make both sides come out even in the pattern.I also try very hard to center it in the middle.I dont know how they do that!--Making one side the mirror image of the other.Any tips out there?Itchy/Gary
Gary when I mark the center and before I put it on the lathe I use a punch to get a good dimple for my centering on the lathe. I had one out of 30 this last time that did not want to come out centered. I guess with the size of the mill it adds character to the mill. I know when I bore game calls that I laminate the drill bit will wonder and give me a reject, but on a small piece it more noticable.
By the way I just bought a new band saw "Shop Fox" 14" and I put a blade that I bought from Klingspor and it sure has a very smooth cut, it is 1/2" with 4 tpi. I was cutting red Cedar. So far I am really happy with this band saw. I am retiring my Craftsman 12" to Craigslist.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts