Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kind of got back into wood working this year after being away doing that painful thing called a job.

Anyway this seems to be a place with lots of info and people that I hope I can relate too.

I built a china hutch and put together a grandfather clock kit back in high school shop class but that's been a few years ago so I'm slowly working my way back up.

I've been assembling my tools as I go along. Some are what would be called vintage! And others not so much, just what I can get by with without spending a lot of money. Thank You craigslist! lol

Also have a sister that is really into her chapter of relay for life so she likes to make lots of suggestions for things I could make. She buys the wood and I donate my time. I need to work on that.. Then they raffle off or auction some of the things I make.

So far it's just been bi-plane kids swings, an elephant shaped toy box and I just finished up a garden bench for her.

I've rambled on enough so thanks for letting me hopefully become a part of this community.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Welcome Aboard

Attachments

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Welcome!
Dave H

·
Registered
3,339 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcomes everybody!

Hey bigcouger, I see you are in st marys ga. A guy that used to be my neighbor when I was growing up was president of east coast concrete, I looked on line and found a thing that says they are closed. I was wondering if you knew anything about that? He lived in st marys and we went out on his boat in the river one time until the tide stranded us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts