Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi well I've never been much of a joiner but this site looks interesting. :thumbsup: My wife and I have worked with the deaf and deaf - blind for all of our maried life (28 years). I finally have a wood shop not in the garage. Right now I'm just making things for the shop. Using a program called TurboCad I designed and built a Router Table, Flip top table for my Planer, and a table for my chop saw. Im interested in making jewlry boxes etc. Any one know of a book / instructions on how to make puzzle boxes???

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
I'm glad you joined us Hubert. So far this relatively small group has managed float along just fine without any big waves to rock our little boat.
Smooth sailing is what we are all about; grab that tiller for a little bit if ya don't mind I want to take a nap. :icon_wink:

I saw a WWers jewelry box that wasn't necessarily a "puzzle" box but it had quite a few cleverly designed secret compartments. They weren't so secret after FW did an article on it but thieves don't generally read that mag I wouldn't think so his wife's high dollar stuff is probably still safe. :icon_biggrin:

I know you probably weren't talking about combining the two _jewelry/puzzle) but have you thought of a jewelry box with secret compartments? That would probably be fun.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ooh all those boating pictures makes me want to be on my SUNFISH on the lake! :yes::cool2::yes::cool2:

Specifically I was thinking about puzzle boxes like the Japanese boxes. No plans to make one of those 40 million moves to open the box but a hidden slide to open sounds fun but can't find anything with Google etc.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Welcome Hubert... glad you found us!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts