Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
HALL OF FAMER
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an intarsia eagle that I made a few years back. At the time, my supply of different styles of wood was very limited. I constructed the entire piece out of pine and stained (I'm not a fan of staining wood) the parts to reflect the colourings that I wanted. The entire eagle measures just over 3 feet from tip to tip of the wings.
Had a lot of fun making it, but sanded off a few knuckles in the oscillating sander. Oops!:blink:
Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
912 Posts
Kenbo, Fantastic! That looks absolutely fantastic. I think it is neat that it is made entirely of pine. Kind of shows it can be done w/o lots of expensive woods. Nice job.

John

·
Journeyman Wood Butcher
792 Posts
Kenbo: that is awesome work, especially for something done early in your hobby. My brain feels so small right now....I couldn't even begin to imagine picturing something like that coming together in the mind's eye. You have a pure gift. Use it well, keep up the good work.

smitty

·
HALL OF FAMER
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have designed my own intarsia pieces, but I have to admit, that this one (308 pieces) was someone else's design. The construction of it, however, was all mine.
Thanks for the kind words.
:smile:

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Beautiful!!

I wish I had that type of talent. My skills pretty much end when any project needs much more than a straight line.

G

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Kenbo,
Fantastic work. That bird looks like it ready to come to life. Now all you need is a nice intarsia salmon below and add a couple of talons to the eagle.
Mike Hawkins:thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ken, sorry to bug you again, but I couldn't find this pattern where you told me to look. Help, this is fantastic and I really want to try this.

·
HALL OF FAMER
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice job.... thats what I'm looking to make for the lake.

I found the patterns on www.againstthegrainwoodart.com however my order for the patterns was sent back as "Undeliverable". I've called a few times but no one answers. I also do not see the pattern www.wildwooddesigns.com Anywhere else I can get the patterns?

I'm not sure if this pattern is even commercially available any longer. Good luck in your search. I hope you are able to find one.
Thanks for the kind words guys. It's not often I see a 2 year old post being rejuvinated. Very cool.

·
HALL OF FAMER
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did a quick search, but was unable to find this particular pattern. I thought that i had ordered it from wildwood designs, but they don't seem to carry it anymore. Hopefully, you will be able to find one with your searches. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Eagle Intarsia

Is there somewhere I can buy this eagle pattern? I absolutely love it. I am really into the eagles in the intarsia.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts