Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
General Nuisance
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jamey McCurry from Frisco, TX (currently). We just signed papers to build a new home a few miles North in Prosper, TX - WITH A SHOP! I like to tinker in my garage, I turn pens and make small projects- shelving, jewelry boxes and the like. I also enjoy all the time I can with my beautiful wife and kids (boy 5 and girl 9). I like to BBQ, I do it competitively and for friends and family when they have large parties to feed! Anyway, I just wanted to join the forum to meet some new folks and maybe get some tips with the new shop design, layout, dos and don'ts. Thanks in advance for the warm welcome and help along the way!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Welcome here Jamey, to this very friendly woodworking forum, where we all become teachers and students! As for a "shop floor plan", have found through experience if you plan your work then work your plan at least on paper, you may avoid some extra movements, time, & trouble of what will work best for your projects. Enjoy your stay, & be safe.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome to the Woodworking Forum Jamey
Past issues of Fine Woodworking have featured designs for home wood shops Fine Homebuilding is also great resource for home ideas Scootch from NoVA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts