Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one came from a request for a girl at work. She asked if I could build something to hold all her husbands electronics, including the 50" plasma and theater surround system.

Obviousely there's still a lot of work to be done but I thought I'de might be able to get some constructive critisism ;)

The side tower's are 30"w x 71 1/2"h x 20"d they'll hold speaker's (behind felt covered doors), stereo and game boxes (behind smoked plexiglass doors) and a couple drawers each.The center unit is 55 1/2"w x 78"h x 23"d, which will house more speaker's and the plasma tv.

The entire unit is made from birch but I have no idea what she want's for a stain yet .. that being said .. there will be more to come :yes:

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great job. Care to share the plans I would like to give this one a whack.
I built this one like every other one I've done, measured all the components that need to fit in the unit .. do a rough drawing of the unit to show my customer .. then scribble a bunch of numbers on my work bench while I'm building it :blink:

If you want a plan for it, I'de be happy to draw something up for you. I'll have to find someone with a scanner then upload it. So, gimme some time to find one then I'll post the plans for you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I built this one like every other one I've done, measured all the components that need to fit in the unit .. do a rough drawing of the unit to show my customer .. then scribble a bunch of numbers on my work bench while I'm building it :blink:

If you want a plan for it, I'de be happy to draw something up for you. I'll have to find someone with a scanner then upload it. So, gimme some time to find one then I'll post the plans for you :thumbsup:
hi there whistler, how are you? i was wanting to know if you would be so kind to share the plans with me i would be very greatfull if you would. thank you, Jemmy.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm on it Ladd .... I've just been tied up with my day job lately and trying to get the doors and drawer fronts on this unit.

My intention was to do up a plan right away but work got in the way. I know there's a couple of you that want this plan and I promise I'll get to it ASAP.;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm on it Ladd .... I've just been tied up with my day job lately and trying to get the doors and drawer fronts on this unit.

My intention was to do up a plan right away but work got in the way. I know there's a couple of you that want this plan and I promise I'll get to it ASAP.;)
hi there, no worries whistler we can wait. if it`s good enoff it`s worth waiting on, what you say.:yes: :thumbsup: . Jemmy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well guys, it took a little longer than I thought to get it completed (that day job thing keeps getting in the way) but I think it turned out pretty good. I used a dark walnut gel stain and 3 coats of oil based varathane on it. And after brushing all that on, I think I'll be using the profit's from it to buy myself an HVLP unit.

For those of you looking for the plans .. they'll be posted soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well guys, it took a little longer than I thought to get it completed (that day job thing keeps getting in the way) but I think it turned out pretty good. I used a dark walnut gel stain and 3 coats of oil based varathane on it. And after brushing all that on, I think I'll be using the profit's from it to buy myself an HVLP unit.

For those of you looking for the plans .. they'll be posted soon.
1st class look`s 1st class. Jemmy.:yes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts