Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to turn my old man an iPad stylus on my Delta this afternoon (which will be my second "pen" ever), and she quit on me. When I flip up the switch, nothing. When I flip it down I occasionally get a quick burst of power then nothing. Leaving the switch in the "on" position, it will try to start every now and then but won't stay on.
So keeping in mind that the delta is not my primary lathe, should I order a switch , take it to a repair shop, or what? Any thoughts?

·
Yea i got wood
3,016 Posts
Mine did that when I switched from reverse to foward before it stopped turning
let me add that i tried switching it from forward to reverse(after it stopped turning) after i had this problem and it corrected it

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
;)Bonanza,
when I had a jet 10" midi, it did something similar. Whey you flipped the switch to turn it on, nothing. After jumping the switch and determing there was power going to the motor, I took the switch apart. I found a couple of copper contact blades covered with gummy sawdust. Cleaned everything up real good, took a pencil eraser to the copper contacts, put it back together, good as new. I don't know if you have the same type switch, but if you are going to order one anyway, it's worth a try.
Mike Hawkins;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts