Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use http://photobucket.com/terms

Thank you

Community Support

·
Registered
26,206 Posts
The problem with photobucket is a lot of times someone will resurrect a thread years old and unless they keep their photos in photobucket forever the old thread is a bit lost with dead links. Then some of us will post pictures in "My Photos" which almost nobody looks at so the conversation is a bit lost until they point out where the pictures are. It's always best to upload a picture to this site when posting any pictures. Then nobody has to search for the picture and it will be here as long as the thread is.

·
Administrator
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Saw this coming about 10 years in advance. Any chance of next months lotto numbers?

Kevin

·
Administrator
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not without blocking out links entirely. System won't be able to differentiate the difference between the different links.

Kevin

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'd like to be able to post a photo but can't manage to. Is a 650kb jpg too large? I dragged it to the location below "Drag files to here to attach!" But nothing happened.

·
where's my table saw?
27,749 Posts
where are the photos stored?

Do you have a photo program or are they on your phone? Google will have them if you have a Google account email. You can download them to your computer then open them and attach them that way. I sent you a visitor message IF they are stored on your computer. You will be give a "browse" command to find where they are. then open them one at a time and they will show up when you click on the "Upload" button... you'll see. That "attachment" window must be enlarge to full screen to see the "upload" button.

Here's the Video:

·
johnep
1,980 Posts
I used PB to reduce the bandwidth needed by the forum..ie saving money. Will post any future pics directly. Preferred pixel/dimensions please. easy to reduce pics on Paint.
johnep

·
Registered
130 Posts
This conversation made me remember that I have a Pb account. I set it up for a forum I used to frequent that required photos be in Pb, but can't remember which one. Took a couple tries to log in because it's been years since I tried.

This is probably a dumb question, but what is the point of Pb?

The only reason I ever put pics there was because of that one forum. It's much easier to just put them right in instead of finding them on another sight first.

·
Administrator
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd like to be able to post a photo but can't manage to. Is a 650kb jpg too large? I dragged it to the location below "Drag files to here to attach!" But nothing happened.
Hey Larry,

Yes, that file is too large. Take a look at the screenshot for the Attachment Key to know what the max file size restrictions are - this can be seen if you go into the Go Advanced option and select the Attachments (paperclip) icon:

woodworkingattach.jpg

You can use a free program like Paint to resize your image. Thank you @woodnthings for those details and instructional video. :)

This conversation made me remember that I have a Pb account. I set it up for a forum I used to frequent that required photos be in Pb, but can't remember which one. Took a couple tries to log in because it's been years since I tried.

This is probably a dumb question, but what is the point of Pb?

The only reason I ever put pics there was because of that one forum. It's much easier to just put them right in instead of finding them on another sight first.

Never any dumb questions to ask - the point of PB is among a few but it's a source for extra storage for your images/videos that you can access from any device if you wish without needing to rely on one to get to them. Also, saves you from having to re-upload any files, simply provide a link to view the image/file.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with and/or if anyone is running into issues uploading images. Thanks!

Cheers,
Natalie :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Just in case here's several alternatives. https://www.ghacks.net/2017/07/02/photobucket-alternatives-for-third-party/
I had the beginnings of a website that I could host anything I wanted, but it just cost more than I wanted to pay so now I'm just trying to get them to stop billing me for space I don't use nor need..
I have to admit I kind of miss pb, but oh well. I'm not going to pay them $350 to host my pictures. A website is cheaper to operate..Here's one that cost $7.99 a month. You can host images there for 4 years for the cost of 1 year at photobucket plus have a website to boot. https://www.1and1.com/m-linux-web-h...QnBKJZB-yhqKkQcNTRvB4KlbDEgBVWTUaArV8EALw_wcB

Reactions: admin

·
Administrator
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks allpurpose, we recommend uploading images to woodworkingtalk but it's good to know alternatives.

Niall

·
Registered
679 Posts
ADMIN: I looked @ that max file size screen. It shows 20.49MB for jpg. Yet you say my 650kb file was too large? I'm missing something???

·
Administrator
1,384 Posts
ADMIN: I looked @ that max file size screen. It shows 20.49MB for jpg. Yet you say my 650kb file was too large? I'm missing something???
I think maybe their was some confusion as to what size image you were trying to upload.

Testing image uploading, then will reply again.

missingthis.jpg

·
Administrator
1,384 Posts
@Larry Schweitzer I am not finding an issue with uploading images so I need some more information to trouble shoot why you are having an issue.

• What device are you using to access the site? Computer? Tablet? Phone?
  • Are you accessing the full site? Using Tapatalk or Mobile View?
  • Which operating system are you using? (Windows 10, etc.)
  • Which browser are you using? (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE, etc.)
  • Have you already tried clearing your cookies/cache?

One more test with PNG file.

pinecone.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts