Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I'm new here - my name is Andrew Bouchard and I currently live in Panama City, Florida. I'm very new to woodworking, but I'm a mechanical engineer by training, so a lot of the things that I have been reading dovetail (pun!) really well with things I've already learned professionally.

I'm getting into this for a few reasons. First is that I love wood furniture, so I have wood floors, a wood deck, a rolltop desk from 1890, and I have some designs in mind for a few more pieces. I prefer to work on things myself, so I want to be able to maintain my furniture and to make new pieces for the house.

More generally, although both my degrees are in mechanical engineering, I develop autonomy software for underwater robots in my professional career, so I don't get much hands-on time. I'm dying to work with my hands, and wood is a lot more tractable than metal for a home shop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Holy cow - I just got done looking at the projects some of you guys have posted. I'm in awe. Can't wait to learn from y'all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts