Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I found my way here from the DIY Chatroom. All the tools I bought to remodel the house will come in handy for all of the woodworking projects I have in mind. I've done several bookcases, a small table, and other little projects (like a 1954 ranch house!) I've done some box joints, but I'd love learn dovetails. Currently I'm rehabbing the shed/shop in the backyard so I'll have a place to work this winter, which should be along any day now.....:smile:

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,677 Posts
Welcome Billinak!

Yo Boardman my limited knowledge of Alaska makes me think only of miserable cold, snow, and mud. :thumbdown:

Billi don't take offense I don't have one of those "Texas is superior" attitudes, it's just that I am a cold weather wimp. :blink:

I truly wish I could tolerate it. It is a beautiful place. We have close friends that live near some small town I can't remember the name of, and they offered us any 5 acres we want to go build a house on their Ponderosa sized spread where we can live/retreat/come-and-go as we please but I just can't hang long enough to even build a cabin up there I bet.

We are going to go visit one of these days but you can bet it will be in whatever the hottest month is there.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Tex - I lived in Tucson AZ for a couple years and got REAL tired of 105 degrees and brilliant sunshive every day from May to September. True...the humidity was usually 4 - 10% but that just makes you toasted and dry rather than toasted and moist. MN is a kinda in-between place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts