Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello folks!

my name is rachel! i am new to this forum, so i thought i would introduce myself. i am looking to share and some cool content and have a place to ask any questions i may have in regards to my tools.

i work for ereplacementparts.com, but i promise i am not here to spam you all with a bunch of crap. :)

we made this cool infographic and i want some good, honest feedback. do you guys find this interesting? does it need work? let me know what you think of it and i will be forever grateful!
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/blog/americas-favorite-tool-the-power-drill/

also i can't figure out to post a picture on here. does anyone know how? is it allowed? i am struggling.
Thank youuuu

·
Registered
316 Posts
I dont work for them but sure have given them lots of business back when my lathe was eating belts like candy.

PCollier -the forever rookie-

·
Trytore Member
2,763 Posts
Rachel, it's a nice graphic with fun fact and I think it works. You don't mention the use. Where and when will this be used? If it's for a promotional poster or something it might be more useful to have useful information contained within besides the fun stuff. For instance a chart giving the proper drill speeds in different materials of different thicknesses at different drill sizes. Or perhaps some buying guide info so people new to buying a drill have an idea of the advantages and disadvantages of different types of drill (cordless vs. corded, screw gun, hammer drill, driver etc. lots of phrases out there).

Are you a woodworker or DIYer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The graphic!

Shop Dad-

Unfortunately I cannot offer you free shipping! :( Sad, I know. I'm sorry.
Thank you so much for the feedback! We were debating whether or not to add a timeline with more facts on it, but it got too overwhelming trying to mix the fun with the facts. Great advice, though! We are using this graphic on our blog to try to get some more fun content. Most of what we have done in the past has been strictly informational and we are trying to spice it up a bit!

Ozrob-
I'm sorry you live so far from us! You can still use our site, however I'm sure you will have to pay a fortune for shipping. We are actually trying to figure out ways to ship internationally for cheaper right now.

PhilipCollier-
I am so glad you have had positive experiences with us! It makes me happy to see a satisfied customer. I'm sorry your lathe was so belt-hungry!

Thank you guys SO much for your feedback!! If you guys like it and want to share it on your Facebook or blogs, I certainly won't object. ;)
Rachel

·
7,222 Posts
The graphic has a lot of factual information, but I find the presentation too busy. It reminds me of Japanese commercials I saw in Japan, which attempt to use every special effect available, whether or not they are needed.

Sometimes less can be "more".

·
Trytore Member
2,763 Posts
rachelbarney said:
Shop Dad-

Unfortunately I cannot offer you free shipping! :( Sad, I know. I'm sorry.
Well then could you at least provide assistance to Delta in the delicate task of removing their head from their posterior with regard to replacement parts? There seems to be a chronic issue of availability.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Shop Dad said:
Well then could you at least provide assistance to Delta in the delicate task of removing their head from their posterior with regard to replacement parts? There seems to be a chronic issue of availability.

Thanks!

Ditto, I ordered a dust chute for my Delta 6" benchtop planer. 10 months later I was still waiting. Just one call to ERP and my money was quickly refunded.

Jeff

·
Registered
909 Posts
The style reminds me of something TheOatmeal.com would put up. I was not surprised the drill was the favorite tool; it is always my first recommendation to new home owners.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shop Dad and jharris2 -

I am so sorry about your problems with Delta parts. It's such a bummer sometimes, I really feel for you guys. :icon_sad:

Dave Paine -

Thanks for the feedback! I will make note of the style preferences you have!

Gilgaron -

I love TheOatmeal.com, that was a great compliment. Thank you for your feedback. I agree the drill is the most basic tool everyone needs.

Thanks again for all your great responses! :icon_smile:

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
rachelbarney said:
Shop Dad and jharris2 -

I am so sorry about your problems with Delta parts. It's such a bummer sometimes, I really feel for you guys. :icon_sad:

:
I appreciate that Rachel. I know if you can't get the parts from Delta you can't ship them to us.

I also appreciate the quick refund.

I've had good experiences with ERP in the past and will continue to do business with you.

Delta on the other hand.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I appreciate that Rachel. I know if you can't get the parts from Delta you can't ship them to us.

I also appreciate the quick refund.

I've had good experiences with ERP in the past and will continue to do business with you.

Delta on the other hand.....

Thank you for understanding. I know it must be hard to be patient with that kind of thing, but it's true, if they don't have any in stock we can't order any for our customers. I'm glad you will remain a customer! And hey, if any of you ever have any questions about ordering parts and need quick answers, feel free to email me at [email protected].

Thanks!:yes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.