Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
WOW.....That is awesome. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I wonder just how much time was involved in the first prototype????

I can't imagine what it took to get the alignment so good on all the sections.:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

·
Registered
231 Posts
WOW.....That is awesome. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I wonder just how much time was involved in the first prototype????

I can't imagine what it took to get the alignment so good on all the sections.:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Steve,
Cant imagine how much time was spent on that first one. I know on our fire nozzle it was two years of R&D before we had a satisfactory working prototype.

My speculation is that they built the whole table to its largest size and then, with some special jig, they cut out the pies, thus ensuring each piece fit back together so perfectly.

Sure would like to have the mechanical mechanism there using. Looks like an awesome project to try.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm wonderin' how a big humidity change would affect it?? I would think that might be a problem at sea......:icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
you mean they went through all that trouble and expense of buying a CNC router to make those tolernaces to within +/_ 100ths of an inch only to expose it to wild humidity swings? Nah! Surely not. :icon_wink:

It's a good point Steve. I wonder if they have some super duper sealer which minimizes this, cause you know they are getting a king's ransom on the price, selling such a unique item to people who own yatch's.

And thgen again, you know yatchs these days are so climate controlled maybe it isn't actually a factor as it might seem. Until the generators go out.

I also wonder if there is some type of safety mechanisms/sensors which stop the opening and closing of the leafs if some sea sick patron is grasping the table for stability when someone decides to hit the button? :eek:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I also wonder if there is some type of safety mechanisms/sensors which stop the opening and closing of the leafs if some sea sick patron is grasping the table for stability when someone decides to hit the button? :eek:
I have no sea legs....and just thinkin' about that kinda makes me queezy.....:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

·
Registered
13,215 Posts
I'm wonderin' how a big humidity change would affect it?? I would think that might be a problem at sea......:icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:
The air conditioner (a/c)on a yacht works just like the one in your home. During the warm/hot humid days it keeps the table (and the people) at just the right temperature/humidity.

The only major difference in marjority of the marine a/c's are water source instead of air and therefore are more efficient.

George

·
Registered
608 Posts
Did you see the automated one!! I guess some people can afford to be lazy.

Robert

1 - 17 of 17 Posts