Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a full size bed that's leaning against a wall. I am really wanting to make a murphy bed, but it's by far the most ambitious thing ive ever attempted.

I was looking at http://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/how-to-build-a-murphy-bed/index.html and they make it look pretty reasonable. But i was wondering if there is a really good plan that's free online for murphy beds?

Thank you.

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
If you buy a hardware kit, it will come with plans.
+1. :yes: The type of hardware is important. I use the Selby Hardware hardware. It comes with complete plans, materials list, cut list and layout. The hardware works better than many I've used. It's totally adjustable, and does not to be installed to the floor.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You know why I hate coming here? Because seeing awesome things like this make my head spin! I've got an outdoor shed I'm converting into an office and my wife wanted me to put a futon out there so her sister has somewhere to stay when she comes. This is a far better idea because the side cabinets give me the storage I was planning to build anyway for books and the like.

There is a lot left to do to the shed before I'm ready for this but its on my radar now... :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know why I hate coming here? Because seeing awesome things like this make my head spin! I've got an outdoor shed I'm converting into an office and my wife wanted me to put a futon out there so her sister has somewhere to stay when she comes. This is a far better idea because the side cabinets give me the storage I was planning to build anyway for books and the like.

There is a lot left to do to the shed before I'm ready for this but its on my radar now... :)
If you end up doing this... please post back here. I'd love to know what you chose and why etc etc. I havent started yet but I am definitely going to be in the coming months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts