Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Delta 10" Contractors Table Saw. It was purchased new about 1998.

I am finding over time the motor is less and less aligned properly with the pullies. The result is the plastic guard on the motor has essentially worn away. Attached is a picture illustrating. You can see how the motor does not align properly with the base of the saw. It is really difficult to pin-point exactly where it is getting off kilter. I suspect the entire aluminum motor mount is twisting. Could this be the case?

Anyone else have this problem?

Is this something I could attempt to bend back? Or should I get a new part?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Good luck on getting parts from Delta. I just had a tire problem on my band saw. I checked the Delta site and the tires are not available just like most parts I need from Delta. I ordered new tires from Carter. No more Delta equipment for me.
Tom

·
Retired and enjoying it.
37 Posts
Delta products

Good luck on getting parts from Delta. I just had a tire problem on my band saw. I checked the Delta site and the tires are not available just like most parts I need from Delta. I ordered new tires from Carter. No more Delta equipment for me.
Tom
If you raise enough hell on forums like this one, Delta will take notice. I had a problem with a lathe starting capacitor. The part was not available through Delta. Thus making the lathe unusable. I voice my opinion about their support of their product on about five different forums. Long story short, The old lathe they quit supporting (model LA200) was replaced with the new lathe (model 46-460). One day a truck pulled up to my house and off loaded the newer model 46-460 and stand. So yes they do watch what people say. They have engineers perusing forums like this one. All for a motor starting capacitor, which I replaced from an electronic parts house. I donated the old lathe to a friend with me who was just starting out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts