Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys thoght about using 1/4" or 3/8" PEX tubing as a Aitline? It's lighter and won't mar up wall when dragging it through a house???

Just wondering / Thinking..........

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
It's too stiff. How are you going to walk around or work backwards? You'll have to push the hose back when you re-trace and it will be unorthodox. I think you'll regret it.
probably would work for running along your shop wall if the fittings will stand the pressure though. But you also might have a hard time trying to go to the right size male and female adapters etc isn't that stuff a little different that NPT/air hose fittings etc?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Agreed, I battle pex quite often, not interested in doing it anymore than I have to...lol

I use that Bostich Prohoze. I really like it. Out of the package its so [email protected] squirrely that I almost threw it out, but it eventually relaxed...and I did as well.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well I got a scrap pc of 1/4" stuff about 25' long from a Contractor Friend. the plain old Swagelok / Compression fitting work just fine with it if you put in a brass sleeve on the inside of the tube. (HD has all the fittings you'd need. It is a bit inflexible. I'm thinkin of putting some on the end of my hose real closest to the compressor so it'd be more a a straight run if I'm working on the Vehicles in the driveway. It seem fine till you need to backtrack and I don't see an Issue with it for "Shop Runs" as long as it's fastend to the wall.

Edit............... it was Poly tubing for LP water lines..............

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have used Senco 1/4" hose for the last fifteen years, both when i was trimming houses and at home. i have never had a problem with flexibility or blowouts. i still have a 25' length that was bought new in the early 90's

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow. Interesting comments. I only use rubber hose. My big compressor has 150' of it and the little one has 50'. I guess I'm a throwback. I can't stand the plastic hoses at all. I might have some laying around I could send you. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts