Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm Sorry if this has been ask before but I do some carvings an had a young lady that did my airbrushing for me but now she moved to another state she got Married :furious: now I need advice on airbrushing. I need to learn. I looked on Utube but not much there that I can see, so any advice would help :help:

·
Registered
27,647 Posts
Well I guess nobody is going to answer your post. I bought a cheapie airbrush one time and didn't have any luck with it and threw it away so I don't have any experience with them. All an airbush is, is a little paint sprayer. You should be able to tinker with it and make it work for you. If you are artistic enough to do the carving how hard could it be to spray paint it. Can you post a picture of what the lady was doing for you?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve, I'm on my own on this one :furious:

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
If you're good at artwork, airbrushes can be very creative. I just use them for toning and filling in coloring. I use a Paasche VL series. You need low pressure clean air, about 30 PSI or less. A double action has the airflow and fluid flow in the trigger. If you get one, that's what I recommend.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the one I got is single action cabinetman, it does 1/4 - 2 inch patterns

1 - 5 of 5 Posts