Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Ah, how sweet an X-mas greeting (skeleton Santa and all :laughing:) Glad you came back around, I was kinda worried...I thought maybe you froze up or something.
Happy Hoho back at ya', from one sawdust covered weirdo to another.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:laughing: Thanx man. Goin' trough a weird thing right now...Mid life.....:thumbdown:

Ups and downs....I just gotta get more sawdust on me and I'll be fine.
Lisafurr [my wife] is my rock.

·
Registered
286 Posts
:laughing: Thanx man. Goin' trough a weird thing right now...Mid life.....:thumbdown:

Ups and downs....I just gotta get more sawdust on me and I'll be fine.
Lisafurr [my wife] is my rock.
Dude...you ain't old enough for a mid life crisis:no: Whatever it is...it will get better:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Dude...you ain't old enough for a mid life crisis:no: Whatever it is...it will get better:thumbsup:
Yea, I think you should take jpw's advice. He is older ;). There is a good chance he is wiser ? If nothing else come around here more, there are some dudes who can make you laugh at least. Or shoot me a PM, I know Canada must suck...but it can't be that bad :laughing:.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,677 Posts
I've seen your picture dog. Yer too young to be goin through midlife unless you consider yourseff "good" cuz remember Billy Joel said only the good die young (based on that me and Daren should live to be centenarians) .

Haha.

Whatever yer goin through it'll get better eventually. hang in there.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
40 but in musician years that's old.
Is that kinda like dog years ? I am just asking, I don't know. I'm no musician, I can't carry a tune in a bucket :no:. I know another guy here who spent a few years as a musician, you may be on to something...he's old too :laughing:. (notice how I didn't drag TT into this by saying he was the guy I was thinking about :whistling2:)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can play music till ya' kick the bucket but to do it for a LIVING as I did....I was done at 30. Too old, not in a big enough band blah blah....receding hairline.....:huh: :laughing:

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
do it for a LIVING as I did...
Oh, I get it now...you are face to face with the potential of having to get a "real job". I have the answer to all your problems, get a sawmill. It makes you feel young again, no real job bummers and it makes your hair grow (I was bald before I got a mill) "hair club for men" ain't got nothing on good sawdust. :no::laughing:

Attachments

·
Registered
714 Posts
I played drums for 20 years. I'm just now starting to catch up on all the sleep I missed.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,677 Posts
Daren, the one picture of you standing with the handsaw upright, makes you look like Pancho Villa with a ammo belt strung across your shoulder. :laughing:

Hey Dog you will get a second wind at about 44 - 45. Personally, I am in my prime and just now hitting my stride. :thumbsup:

But if I kick the bucket tomorrow I reserve the right to withdraw that statement. ;)

Rob we should swap war stories sometime.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I too know the ravages of the musician lifestyle......cost me 2 marriages, a couple of houses, God only knows(well maybe my doctor)the damage i've done to my liver. I know about being in a band that is not popular enough and that 40 mark is death for a musician.....40 is over the hill. I console myself with song writing and hoping that one gets picked up someday but, I know the the odds. I went over the hill 6 years ago......it really ain't that bad:thumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I found the solution - reverse birthdays. I started doing em 3 years ago and now I'm back to ....[doing the math].... 42 again! Only problem is you have to start it before the midlife crisis sets in, or you go through it twice. :laughing:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah, I think you're gonna be stuck with me for a while. This is a pretty cool forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts