Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Looks like a right tilt which I personally wouldnt have a use for but for $25 Id pick it up. If for nothing else, spare electric motors are nice to have around.

If you dont have an issue with a right tilt saw, clean it up, upgrade the fence and keep it.

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
If it runs I would buy it. The on/off switch is probably worth more than $25.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
It's worth the price, but check for an outboard motor with a belt at the back of the saw....if it's not there, it's a direct drive universal motor, meaning loud with less torque.

·
Sawdust Wrangler
482 Posts
This saw is about 15 minutes from me. I don't know much of anything about Delta saws. I am wondering if any of you may know the saw based on the picture. The price seems too good to be true.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tls/4338431018.html
I would be willing to bet it's a right tilt as well. Personally, I wouldn't own/use one. That said, it's worth the money, if all the parts are there. BUT, for me, unless it's your first saw or you cannot afford better, it would merely be a stepping stone to a more appropriate saw somewhere down the line...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advise. I currently have an old 8" craftsmen TS that I want to upgrade. I think I will wait and keep looking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts