Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Yup that looks like a good deal. Might check to see it dosnt have the alignment problem when you go look at it.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think that's the generation before alignment issues. I'd snap that up in a heartbeat.

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
If it is then disregard.

You could just use a tape for a quick check. Check the measurement at the front and rear of the blade with it lowered then raise it all the way up and check the same measurements. They should be the same up and down. The problem is typically the rear of the blade moves to the right as it is raised. It would be a noticeable difference. Mine would jump out as much as .026 which should be noticeable with a tape.

Or just lay a square or straight edge against the blade and the raise it and see if it moves away from the square.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
That's the 22114 made by Steel City/Orion.....no known alignment issues. It has yoke style cabinet mounted trunnions and 12" solid cast wings....great deal at $250 IMO. It won't last long....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for the info. Unfortunately I won't have time to go see it until Sunday morning. Hopefully it is still available. I've emailed the seller to see if they would hold it until then.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
bsmoov said:
Thanks to all for the info. Unfortunately I won't have time to go see it until Sunday morning. Hopefully it is still available. I've emailed the seller to see if they would hold it until then.
It's a good enough deal of offer him 275 if he holds it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He's not real quick with emails. I originally inquired three days ago and he just replied this morning. I then replied asking if he'd hold it and left him my phone number. Still no response. You'd think with today's smart phones replies would come quicker. That is of course he's my dad's age and could care less about smart phones.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Look it not over so much but under. If it has plastic nuts for tilt or elevation screws I'd pass. The failed nut pictured was ask about here on the forum and to the best of my knowledge no one had an answer where to get a replacement. An $0.89 part can sometimes make a piece of equipment worthless.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've found basically the same saw but with stamped metal extensions for $150. Are there any other differences I should know about other than the extensions?

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
I've found basically the same saw but with stamped metal extensions for $150. Are there any other differences I should know about other than the extensions?
That'd be the 22104. The fence is slightly different, there's no fence on the miter gauge, it weighs quite a bit less, the fence rails or shorter, and it didn't come with a ramped bottom for DC as stock equipment...it was an option for another $30 or so....otherwise the guts are essentially the same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts