Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its looking like the day has finally arrived and I may be buying a lathe soon. I already have the machine I think I'd like to get in mind. Its one of those mini-lathes which will be both a good fit for my present needs and something I can store out of the way when not in use.

My question is, as I am just getting started and have no idea how to actually turn things, which 3 or 4 chisels would be best to get to start out? I figure that some kind of parting tool is needed, but what other tools are absolutely "must haves" for turning small items like pens, bottle stoppers, and other small parts like wheels for children's toys?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Stupid me didn't know what to search for, so I jumped ahead and asked. Right now I'm looking to turn wheels, tires, and small parts for toys. Pens and other such stuff will come later once I learn how to actually use a lathe as it is the one tool I've only seen in action and never done myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.