Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a long time lurker and just registered today. I am looking to up grade from my current Bosch 4000 table saw. We no longer park any vehicles in the 2 car garage and now it is a workshop. I have been going crazy looking at Sawstop, Sears and Grizzly saws. I found this on Cl, it is the 10" hybrid, it is 8 yrs old and he claims that only pieces of wood have been cut with it. This model has the cast iron top before they came out with the granite. I have offered him $550, he says his bottom dollar would be $700. I feel that is to much for this saw when I can get a new one for $1050, and I may have even offered a little too much at $550.

Here is the ad: http://providence.craigslist.org/tls/4282051912.html

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks
Bob

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Well.....as a plus it has a bisermeyer fence, which is arguably the best fence on the market.....but it doesn't have a movable riving knife like the new one does...

So all in all...I agree it's too much. 600ish would likely be my top dollar for it.

I have the granite top...and love it.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
That's a model 22124, which hasn't been made for a couple of years now. It was made by Steel City/Orion, and has some hefty yoke style cabinet mounted trunnions that add mass and are easy to align. The fence is great, and it has 44" of cast iron surface. The new replacement with a riving knife and granite top is the model 22116, also made by Steel City/Orion. As much as I liked my 22124, $850 used isn't even in the ballpark IMO....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was never planning on paying his asking price of $850, I had offered $550, with him counter offering $700.

Thanks
Bob

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
If you could get him to 600....I think that's a fair price. Is he including anything extra that might boost the price?? Quality blades? Jigs? Sleds?

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
So my thought process on it is the fence if in good shape is worth 300....and that saw without a fence is easily worth 300-350.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
To update this post: I picked up a new sears 10" hybrid, got it home and open this to find out it was already at someone's home. The manual/instructions were missing, the granite was chipped, boxes were opened. I tried to find the manual online but for some reason this model was not available. With all the boxes previously opened I did not know what was missing, so I returned this to the store.

After discussing this with my wife, she said that I had wanted the SawStop from the beginning, go get it. We went to Woodcraft and left with a 10" professional cabinet saw, 1.75hp, 36" fence. I set it up and what a saw. I am very happy, but the checking account is low.

FYI: I screwed up when I first did my login name, forgot the 6 in duc106.

Thanks
Bob

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Congrats. I have the craftsman 22116....and love it.....but I'd trade it in for a sawstop in a heartbeat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts