Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there

is there any tricks that any of you might know about perfectly aligning my fence with the blade ?
it seems to me I always have to jiggle with it to get it parallel.
I can't afford the $300 fence systems out there so any help or maybe some cool jig plan would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a hitachi saw

I forgot the model number but I will repost the model later on.
Does any body know an ok priced fence system ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Are you sure that you cant tweak yours? even cheap tablesaws usually have an adjustment of some kind. Thats the only reason I asked what kind you have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot

For whatever reason I didn't think about taking the plastic cap from the further end of the fence.
I did it and I think I can adjust it. I will adjust it tonight and see how more precise it gets. thanks for the help.

Now I am wondering if any body have any good recommendations about a good sacrificial and very flat piece of wood to put against the fence ?

·
johnep
2,140 Posts
fence

Thinking of Steel city and their granite fences, could you perhaps use a granite tile cut to size or even an old washstand marble top.
johnep

·
Registered
55 Posts
For your sacrificial piece of wood MDF is flat and will be stable assuming you can screw it in from the other side. I piece of solid stock like pine will cup or bend on you. Better to go with mdf or plywood. Plus they are cheap. (at least shop grade on the ply though. Construction grade warps pretty bad too)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts