Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
wood hacker
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its my turn now hahaha,,

so i am on facebook and a friend asks who wants to do a derby, oh hell yeah . so i go to the site, it is sponsored by a hobby shop and a radio station hell they are even gonna give ya a free kit.

i need tires just to finish what i have already . that 18 wheeler takes some rubber hahaha,

so i could be laid back and run what i already have but their 1998 and 2010 model years, and 1/2 of them wouldn't weigh anyway,

so now i must do something that will just blow them away, any ideas guys heres what i have at the present time

this one converts to a pick up,

i slammed her to the ground lmao

she is bobbed so she won't pass either but it will be cool to look at lol,

heres an antique but she won already so it isn't the way i want to win ,,

i think i need a legal car to actually race, maybe make it a family race and make them each one , if you got ideas lets hear them.

you guys can see the progress etc thru facebook also i would imagine, it should be fun i already seen last years cars :eek:

·
wood hacker
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks steve,now i have a couple more lol i am just gonna let them weigh them and see which will pass, i 'll bring a drill to remove weight haha,

wait till everyone is drunk and put some price tags on lmao,

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
I know I've commented on it before but I seriously love the miniature house in the first picture. I'd like to see more pictures of it sometime.

I'm also excited to see what you come up with for a new car. I'm always amazed at the scout pinewood derbys to see how creative and different they all are. Cool stuff.

·
wood hacker
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you mean cars hahaha,

i have one that looks like 1/4 of a dado blade to cut a depth of 1'' :eek:

i made me a dragster too, and then i made a old rat rod chopped slammed pick up , no paint yet i just drew on it a little,

heres the house, i seen cranberrys birdhouse and i had some cedar laying around and voila

sadly it needs a new roof, dam wife had kids come over and they wrecked the roof. everything else held up fine.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
I appreciate the pictures, Hack. That its so darned cool. It just is. And if your previous cars are any indication, we're in for a huge treat with your new ones. I can't wait to see them. You've got me all excited.

·
where's my table saw?
27,749 Posts
Good thing you're not tryin' really hard..

Just sorta' coasting mode..hah hah..
OK how's about a Santa Sleigh car?
A vegetable car for the Vegans .. maybe cucumber? or water melon?
A long stretched out face? Obama?
A animal car.. maybe a Dachshund ? Pitt Bull?
Just a woman's leg? OK I quit..for now. :laughing: bill
Awesome house! :thumbsup:

Reactions: ihackwood

·
wood hacker
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey woody i cut your stiletto out of firewood, i was almost done and she broke in half there was a knot where you wouldn't want it so i made another and once again this one went whipping out of my hand and broke,

so i gave up,

today is the actual race so i will be getting pics, they are using pinewood rules so 1/2 my cars wont make it, but i did whittle up 2 more

i built one for both sponsors hoping to get some sympathy votes haha i am in it too win it maybe not the actual race but maybe best of show , peoples choice etc, i fear disqualification hahaha

stay tuned for pics tonight

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
The Cub scouts Derby for the kids is ADULT You should see some if these cars. What the these kids are really Talented LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Wood Forum

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
The Cub scouts Derby for the kids is ADULT You should see some if these cars. What the these kids are really Talented LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Wood Forum
You are essentially correct. But the idea is that the child gets to make the major design decisions and works with the dad to build it. It's supposed to be a father-son project, with dad handling the dangerous operations and teaching the son in the process.

But with the adult races: "SON, STEP ASIDE. DADDY'S GOT A CAR TO BUILD!"

·
wood hacker
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chaincarver Steve said:
You are essentially correct. But the idea is that the child gets to make the major design decisions and works with the dad to build it. It's supposed to be a father-son project, with dad handling the dangerous operations and teaching the son in the process.

But with the adult races: "SON, STEP ASIDE. DADDY'S GOT A CAR TO BUILD!"
I won 3 races and then it went downhill from there my cars only weighed 3ounces and I wasn't adding weight I run what I brung lol

My semi weighed5.6 but it was too wide arggggh everyone loved them though but best of show was given out by the bar owner and a customer of his was named the winner oh we'll it was fun while it lasted

Next time I will concentrate on speed he got a 3 foot tall trophy

I didn't realize mine was racing and when I asked he said mine won all the heats I was busy watching my grandson who was watching my car win and he said pop we won he was happy anyway

I let my older bro use a car but it had slicks on the back although it looks cool it isn't for speed so he bombed

Next year we concentrate on speed I did get pics but the cars were upside down to prevent them from rolling so I only got a few

They loved the ones I built for them just not enough to win lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts