Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Fortunately, most browsers have free "ad-blocker" add-ons.

·
Chairman of the 'Board
285 Posts
You know,

these forums are here for us FOR FREE. All they ask is that we have an ad or six. Ad blockers are for those too cheap to give anything back to the owner. If this helps us to have our community, then let the ads fly. They are not too burdensome for me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The placement of the ads do make it difficult to browse on my tablet. I like to use the edges of my screen to scroll, so it can be frustrating. I do understand the need though.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I don't even see the ads on my phone...so, no complaints here. Either way, doesn't bother me.

Edit:
Just as I posted and went back to the thread, one showed up at the bottom. No big deal. It's out of the way.

·
Rustic furniture
1,197 Posts
Yesterday it was quite annoying with Home Depot ad's down both sides and 1/3rd of the entire screen eaten up with them.

I don't see that today. Thank you, moderators/owners.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I see a small subway ad on my phone. At least they dont put icons over text, like some newspaper site. yes washington post I'm looking at you.

·
Chairman of the 'Board
285 Posts
It's back to normal. As a forum owner I know how hard it is to attract and retain advertisers. It does the forum good the more you click on the ads and take a look at what they are offering. Personally, I want to see this one continue.

·
Registered
902 Posts
What I've noticed is that if you're logged in ,you can't see any ads.It's true that different ads randomly appear from time to time.I sometimes get fed up with the sidebar adverts from Google on every page I open.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts