Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reminiscing about my High School Wood Shop class this past weekend and got a tad nostalgic. So i thought i would remake my very first project for fun. It has 2 adjustable supports for different sized things.
(Ah, the good ol' days)

ForumRunner_20130612_090714.jpg

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Neat project. And very fitting for your books/magazines on it. I wouldn't mind making something like that for my desk at work.

Mark

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, i plan on staining it and some spray varnish. I was just sitting on the couch thinking about it, so i jumped up, went to my shop, made some cuts, drilled some holes and threw it together while my wife went to get pizza for the kids. Lol.
But it's pretty sturdy and can be scaled down to fit on a desk, countertop, etc.
After i finished it, i stood back and thought, "Wow, it was alot harder to make the first time in school" haha. With age, comes experience i guess.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a bigger picture of how i did it. That way you can get an idea of how it's set up. You can make the guide rails as wide as you'd like, and the book/magazine supports as tall as you'd like. I recommend you make them tall enough to keep the magazines from folding over(Notice the small ones? Haha rookie mistake).

ForumRunner_20130612_170712.jpg

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another idea i thought was neat. If you notice the black writing on my work bench on the right of the picture.... This actually came from my wife. I was having a frustrating moment with a project, when my wife came out. When i had my back turned, she wrote: "DON'T GET IRRITATED :)", and "TAKE YOUR TIME, BE PATIENT". Now, when i get to that point, i see those and it reminds me to take a step back and breath.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Neat and functional project! Like the design, can be adjusted depending on the size and thickness of the books or magazines. Well done! Like the reminder as well...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts