Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is accessories for a table saw which to help you made thickness at from 2-3 mm and more. You'll can to use different plate for your needs.
What's do you think about this?
This will be for you helpful?
Kind regards from Russia.
Circuit component Rectangle Ring binder Font Parallel
Brown Wood Rectangle Font Fashion accessory
Musical instrument Wood Font Rectangle Metal
Brown Wood Rectangle Font Hardwood

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Can someone explain what it is and how it is used? I keep looking at the different images and how it sits in relation to the table saw fence. It looks simple, but how it works and how it is used eludes me.

·
where's my table saw?
29,637 Posts
Can someone explain what it is and how it is used? I keep looking at the different images and how it sits in relation to the table saw fence. It looks simple, but how it works and how it is used eludes me.
It's a thin stock "pusher" that creates it's own fence.
It magnetically attaches to the OEM fence, if it's steel, which is not typical so an alternative method would be required.
The thickness of the material can vary within the height of the vertical slots.
I assume it's still in the design stage rather than a working prototype by the graphic images.
I like the concept, but I would like to see a working model.

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
It’s a good idea, but I’m not sure it’s necessary. But if it’s a safer way for you to work, go for it. IMO if the push shoe was wider to catch the off cut it would be better.

You can make a push shoe with a high side that slides along the fence by engaging either the lip or the whole the fence.

If you make sure your push block is fully flushed against the fence it’s extremely safe.

Either way, you can’t engage the wood until the end reached the fence. This is where a featherboard helps (TA😁). Sometimes my featherboard is just me holding some scrap cut at an angle.

And double check that blade height!

·
Registered
441 Posts
This seems like a large jig for doing this. I like the micro jig sort of idea better.

If you modify it so the entire jig is a push block and the block rides along the fence, you can offset the handle and allow the use of a blade guard even on small pieces.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This seems like a large jig for doing this. I like the micro jig sort of idea better.

If you modify it so the entire jig is a push block and the block rides along the fence, you can offset the handle and allow the use of a blade guard even on small pieces.
If you only make a pusher that would move along the fence, then there would be no support for the material itself.

·
Registered
Termite
5,389 Posts
For me, its one too many parts. Only thing I want to worry about is the wood or ply I'm pushing through the saw. I will add accessories to a router table or shaper. Not so much on the tablesaw...

·
Registered
441 Posts
If you only make a pusher that would move along the fence, then there would be no support for the material itself.
I was thinking that the pusher would be the length of the workpiece.

I don't really like that idea either, but it would allow the blade guard to be used in a narrow rip

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
The push block slides through a track in the base. It's designed to allow the cutting of thin strips. The plate shown on the drawing would allow strip of a millimeter or so and would continue to push the thin strip out of the saw area.
I think the best part is that you could cut identically thin strips.

·
where's my table saw?
29,637 Posts
It will only work for pieces short enough for the pusher foot to hook into. It wouldn't work for 8 ft long stock as I understand it, unless the main body with the groove is quite long. However, you could start the long strip with the pusher up out of the way, then drop it down for the last 12" to 18" or so for the final push where you're going past the blade.

The same approach would be to cut about 10" to 16" in from one end, then flip it end for end and complete the long, final cut. This means that the opposite face will be down on the table for the final cut, maybe an issue, I donno? Both faces need to be made parallel in that case, out of the thickness planer.

For those with a Biesmeyer style rectangular fence, a "slip on" pusher would do the same thing. The advantage being no chance of the pusher wandering into the blade and getting chewed up AND it can be thicker to allowing it to catch the last few strips on the workpiece for minimal waste. This would be my choice for this type of "thin strip" pushing device. ;)

Reactions: Scurvy

·
Registered
23 Posts
If I need some 1/16" - 1/2" stock, I adjust my fence to cut the wanted thickness pieces to the outside of the blade.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is accessories for a table saw which to help you made thickness at from 2-3 mm and more. You'll can to use different plate for your needs.
What's do you think about this?
This will be for you helpful?
Kind regards from Russia. View attachment 431626 View attachment 431627 View attachment 431628 View attachment 431629
K1ngwind,
That's a really great jig for thin strip production. A zero tolerance throat plate for the table saw would enhance the work. Nice design!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts