Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished off this bowl -- about 11" diameter, 2.5" high.

After sanding, I gave it a few coats of Mahoney's Walnut Oil, then buffed and waxed.

It's actually part crotch-wood, and there is some feather in it, but it doesn't show in the photos. (Cranking up the contrast till it does show makes the whole thing garish, more like osage orange than maple!)

IMGP5692.jpg

IMGP5693.jpg

IMGP5694.jpg

IMGP5695.jpg

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ... :thumbsup:

btw ... there's a rumour that somebody made a typing error on the bottom of that bowl. Paul Hinds tells me it looks a lot more like Ash than Maple. Don't know who would've made such a silly mistake :boat:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Makes sense now. I once made a "walnut" bowl. I was surprised how much it looked like mesquite. Having just moved to the area, I showed it to other folks who never corrected me. I then turned another bowl from actual

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Nice Bowl :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
5,116 Posts
Nice bowl Duncan,
before I scrolled down, I was looking at the pics saying to myself, 'Duncan must be drinkin' some moonshine or something, sure looks like ash to me.' Lol.
Mike Hawkins;)

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice Bowl :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Nice bowl Duncan,
before I scrolled down, I was looking at the pics saying to myself, 'Duncan must be drinkin' some moonshine or something, sure looks like ash to me.' Lol.
Mike Hawkins;)
Uh-uh, no drugs or liquor necessary for me to be like this ... it's a talent, you either have it or you don't :laughing:

(thanks, btw)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts