Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Scott, a furniture maker in Yallingup, Western Australia. This is going to be a great thing. I have many questions. I am about to buy my first vacuum veneerirng system and am excited. I have not used one yet so looking forward to the challenge. I work for myself designing and making fine furniture. It is a lot of fun and challenging in all ways, not just the making, but the financial side as well. I have recently finished a display cabinet and am hoping it will be accepted to exhibit at a future exhibition at Bungendore Gallery in NSW. You can see it on my website at www.scotthorsburgh.com. I am looking for feedback on how I am making pieces and any comments that other makers have as to how they may do something differently. Speak soon. BTW. The veneering system I am looking at is the one mentioned in a small add (page 12) in this editions AWR. Seems like good value. The Standard and Professional model by Vacu Press. has anybody used one? How was it?

Thanks heaps,

Scotty Horsburgh

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Welcome to the site Scott!
That sure is some beautiful work you have done there on your website.
Sorry haven't done any vaneering, but I am sure there is someone here who will be more than happy to assist you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Scott: Walt Rollison here in East Tennessee. Great looking Website, great looking work, thanks for sharing it with us.
Best regards, Walt/Litlhof

·
Registered
319 Posts
Beautiful work,Beautiful wood.I got a vacc press a couple years ago and it is great.It makes everything you can already do alot easier and faster and opens up endless possibilities.Welcome to the site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts