Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are getting ready for Christmas art shows and had a lot of fun turning these Christmas ornaments. The wood is resin cast Maple Burl (green), resin cast Khamphi Burl (larger purple) and Red Mallee Burl. Completely unlike anything on the market these days! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
We are getting ready for Christmas art shows and had a lot of fun turning these Christmas ornaments. The wood is resin cast Maple Burl (green), resin cast Khamphi Burl (larger purple) and Red Mallee Burl. Completely unlike anything on the market these days! Thanks for looking!
Fantastic..... Can I ask where the metal kit is sold?
Thanks

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Those are very nice. One of these days when I get decent at turning I'd like to make one of your rings for my daughter.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Interesting. I would have just turned the finials out of aluminum on my wood lathe and epoxied them in. I like the threaded solution. I wouldn't be able to sell them around here for enough money to even pay for the materials but I may make one just for the heck of it anyway. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What size blank is needed To make these? Will a bottle stopper size blank work?
I used a round blank that is 2" diameter x about 2.5" long on these. I turn it in my four jaw chuck and finish it all before boring a 3/4" hole through the middle with a Forstner bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts