Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
No.....that's way over priced and a poor saw at that. Where are you located and well try and point you toward some better saws.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I agree, it's way over priced. I've seen a few of those at yard sales go for 30 to 50. You can usually pick up a TS off of craigslist for around 75 to 150.:thumbsup:

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
I agree with the others. It's not a very good saw. It looks to be in poor condition. And the price is WAY too high for what it is. I would avoid it at any price.

Actually, if the motor works and I saw the saw at a yard sale it might be worth it at up to $20. Decent motors are always good to build your own tools. But, in this case I think I'd stay far away.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
You're speaking of upgrading. What kind of table saw to you currently have? Or do you? If you're in need of a TS and are forced to keep your budget below $200, look at Home Depot's website. They've got some examples of job site-style table saws that can be purchased for under $200. They aren't top notch TS's but they will undoubtedly be superior to the one you saw on eBay. And it'll be brand new so, condition-wise, it'll definitely be superior. And it won't be so sprawled out, with the motor flopping about way behind the thing.

Look at the one in the eBay listing. After you push your stock through you've got the danger of it falling down onto the belt. That alone worries me.

·
Alan Sweet
163 Posts
I think it would be ...

an expensive small boat anchor.

Unless you are seriously considering an antique tool museum, in which case get it for $20 and free shipping. Think of all the wonderful hours you will have for the next couple years restoring it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts